Physical Therapy is a unique science and art that utilizes a wide variety of procedures to restore function to the body, reduce pain and help prevent future injury. Our Arizona State licensed professionals have extensive knowledge and training in anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology (human movement). We provide expert and personalized care to individuals of all ages and abilities, in order to restore optimal movement, health, and well-being. Our therapists use a hands-on approach in conjunction with specific modalities and customized exercise plans as needed.
- Neck/Shoulder/Joint Pain
- Pre/Post Surgery Conditions
- Sports Injuries
- Sprains & Strains
- Low Back Pain
- Joint Replacements
- Balance and Coordination Training
- Lumbar Back
- Spinal Conditions
(such as scoliosis, spinal stenosis,
bulging or herniated discs)
- Traumatic Injuries
- Core Stabilization
- Work Conditioning
- Vestibular Deficits
The most commonly used therapeutic procedures and treatments are:
- MANUAL (HANDS ON) THERAPY: Consists of soft tissue techniques including massage, myofascial release and muscle energy techniques, stretching of restricted tissues and joint mobilization/manipulation.
- PAIN MANAGEMENT: Use of moist heat, cryotherapy, ultrasound, phonophoresis, iontophoresis, electrical stimulation, traction and various manual techniques including massage.
- THERAPEUTIC EXERCISES: Customized for each condition including strengthening, stabilizing, and stretching of restricted tissues to restore normal pain-free range of motion and muscle balance.
- POSTURAL CORRECTIONS: This addresses behavior modification, postural exercise, and self-awareness. We concentrate on correction of musculoskeletal disorders.
- HOME MANAGEMENT PROGRAM: A detailed home exercise program customized to the needs of each individual, including the do's and don'ts related to each condition.
- KINESIO TAPING: A neuromuscular taping technique designed to promote healing while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body's range of motion.
- IASTM: Stimulates the body's healing response, which results in the remodeling/resorption of scar tissue and the regeneration of degenerated tendons. The approach is a non-invasive therapy that works fast and consistently.
Our physical therapists are not only knowledgeable in anatomy, physiology, and the biomechanics of the body, but they are dedicated licensed professionals highly trained to deal with people who are experiencing a variety of physical complaints.
Specialized care for the endurance athlete by endurance athletes.
An injury is one of the worst things that can happen to an endurance athlete. It doesn't matter whether you are a runner, triathlete, swimmer, or cyclist. From first time 5K participants to the Ironman. The last thing you want is to be sidelined.
At Endurance Care, not only are we specialists in treating injured athletes, we also provide injury screening and injury prevention. Our goal is to keep endurance athletes training safely and injury free. We understand your desire to continue competing and being active.
We develop customized rehab programs based on each person's specific condition and specific sport with the goal of helping them maximize strength, flexibility, and endurance. We also utilize manual techniques (soft tissue and joint mobilizations) to aid the healing process.
Commonly treated injuries include:
- Shoulder/Rotator Cuff Problems
- Knee Pain
- Wrist & Hand Aches
- Back & Neck Pain
- Ankle Problems
- Ligament Tears
- Sprains & Strains
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- IT Band Syndrome
- Post Operative Care
- Injury evaluation, treatment, and its relation to your sport: "I have a severe case of IT band syndrome, what do I do?"
- Injury screen: "I don't have a major injury but this hamstring has been nagging me for a while."
- Prevention assessment: "I don't have an injury but I want to do more to prevent them."
- IASTYM: Stimulates the body's healing response, which results in the remodeling/resorption of scar tissue and the regeneration of degenerated tendons. The approach is a non-invasive therapy that works fast and consistently. IASTYM is a great tool for endurance athletes to treat that nagging injury. Face it... you want to stay in the "game" right? You shouldn't have to put up with that pain you think is "normal" as an endurance athlete.
- Running Video Analysis: This offers a qualitative look at running form to help address running economy, injuries and overall more comfortable running.